Get the Glow with PoB Hotels
Feversham Arms' Rainbow Trout
Rainbow trout contains omega-3 fatty acids, helping to keep your skin moisturized and supple, while its protein content helps repair and rejuvenate. Plus, it's rich in vitamin B12 which aids in cell renewal, contributing to a glowing complexion.
- Pickering Rainbow Trout – 4 x 150g portions
- Beetroot/Beetroot Puree – 3-5 wedges of beetroot per person
- Saffron Potatoes – 3 small potatoes per person (Saffron optional)
- Braised & Bronze Fennels – 1 x 2cm thick slice per person, plus bronze fennel tops for garnish
- Orange & Brown Shrimp Dressing – 300g brown shrimp and 3 segmented oranges
- Watercress – 3 x small sprigs per person
- 2 tbsp Chives (chopped)
- Peel and add the potatoes to a pan of cold water, adding a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of saffron to the water.
- Cook potatoes on a medium heat until tender and then drain and cool.
- Slice the fennel into 2cm thick pieces and blanch in salted water.
- Drain and finish in a pan on medium heat with a knob of butter and the bronze fennel tops, turning until the fennel is golden brown.
- Cook the beetroot whole in foil in the oven at 180 degrees until the beetroot is tender.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, peel the skin off and cut the beetroot into 6-8 wedges per beetroot.
- Add 300g of brown shrimp to the 3 segmented oranges in a bowl and add 100ml of Yorkshire rapeseed oil and the chopped chives and mix to combine.
- Cook the rainbow trout on a medium heat in some rapeseed oil, skin side down until 70% cooked through, before turning the fish and basting with butter.
- Once cooked, be creative with the plating! Serve on a sharing plate for the dinner table or arrange on individual plates for your guests.